My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan/
and update your bookmarks.

New URL/Update Links: http://www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan/

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Angel in the Outfield

Everyone else is doing it, so why not me?


I'm actually surprised that Angel Pagan, Joe Smith, and Mike Pelfrey made the team over the veterans that have a combined age approaching infinity. I hope it they made it for themselves, and not because of injuries or failures on the part of the older options. At least now we have an Angel in the outfield as well as a Church. (And as I've mentioned earlier, how many variations of those headlines do you think the papers are going to use?)


I liked Gotay, but truthfully he didn't have a lot of places to play on this team. You can argue about sign Castillo, but they did so Gotay really was only going to be a pinch hitter and he didn't do amazingly in that role last year. However I wish they could've traded him for something rather than gifting him to the Braves. I wonder what it says about the Braves confidence in their guys that they felt the need to pick up Gotay though?


I think Pelfrey will turn it around, maybe Perez can give him some head-case advice.


Only about 24 hours until this is all secondary stuff to the actual baseball anyway, and I can't wait. I'm planning to attend the Metsblog.com happy hour in the city to watch the game, even though I expect it to be a zoo. If you come, look for me. I'll be the one in the Santana shirt. Can't miss me.


Look for my 5th “Letters to the NL East” letter late tonight or early tomorrow, which will basically be a rallying cry for the Mets.


Oh, and if you know anyone that is looking for a single ticket to all 13 home Saturday games..send them my way, I probably don't need to spend $300 to have a seat to put my bag on.

No comments:

Update Links New URL! http://optimisticmetsfan.ceetar.com