My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan/
and update your bookmarks.

New URL/Update Links: http://www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan/

Monday, May 21, 2007

Subway Series to Atlanta

There isn't that much of importance to say in regards to this weekend. The Mets missed out on the sweep, but they secured another series win. The Yankees look disastrous, although Tyler Clippard grabbed one of the shovels the Mets were using to bury them to excavate his team a bit. Not bad for a MLB debut. The Empire State Building will still be orange and blue tonight to display the Mets victory, and the Mets go to Atlanta 2.5 up, while the Yankees welcome in the Red Sox 10.5 back.

The overall series was pretty tame in terms of fan craziness in the stands. Sunday night picked up a bit with the Yankees in the lead and some actual fighting in the stands. I'm not sure what it is about Sunday nights, but it seems to bring out the drunken rowdy fan. I know the two or three guys sitting behind me were horrible. They didn't shut up the entire game, chanting and yelling at the Yankees. I'm sure I would've despised them even more had they not been Met fans, but they were ignorant stupid Met fans, which are the worst kind. The kind I suppose I should get used to as the ignorant stupid band-wagon Yankee fans come over to Shea.

Even though some Mets struggled, John Maine, Carlos Beltran, Delgado, Green, and Scott Schoeneweis among them, it didn't really affect them. One player who I still don't like, despite some big home runs, is Damion Easley. Something just bothers me about the guy, particularly his defense. He seems to get to a lot of balls, but struggles to get it where it needs to go, and struggles with double plays.

A lot of talk has started to pop up about the possibility of Carlos Delgado being injured, or not fully recovered anyway. If this is the case, it's becoming too much of a problem and he needs to do something about it. If he needs some days off, just needs to take it easy, or maybe some physical therapy he needs to get it. Of course, I don't necessarily want to see Julio Franco there. I don't imagine this will happen, but seeing Shawn Green there and Gomez in right fight wouldn't be a bad thing.

I turned down the opportunity to go down to Atlanta for this series. The prospect of a 13 hour car trip was a little too much for me to handle, so I decided to just sit it out and root for them on tv. I get to enough games at Shea, and I fully intend on making to it Washington and Philadelphia to see them this year.

I still feel like the Mets have a power streak in them. They've had a good 7-3 homestand, but that wasn't quite as strong as it could've been. Atlanta's already 2.5 back, and with a nice push this week they'll be 3.5 back and the Mets can hopefully put one of these streaks together in the summer to lengthen the distance.

No comments:

Update Links New URL! http://optimisticmetsfan.ceetar.com