My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan/
and update your bookmarks.

New URL/Update Links: http://www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan/

Friday, May 23, 2008

Where's the Spark?

I'm as frustrated as the next guy. I'm just thankful there aren't too many angry pessimists reading this blog, harassing me. I don't think firing Willie is the answer, but at this point I don't think there is much the Mets could try that I wouldn't accept.


The one thing I hold on to, is last year I felt like had that horrible September been earlier, and had the Phillies played better, the Mets would've been able to snap out of it. It just came too late for them, and I feel like they're really letting the pressure get to them.


They need to find a way to succeed, and then once the pressure is off, move on. This might boil down to getting some lucky bounces and having some bad teams make mistakes to cause them to have some big comebacks and big winning streaks. Maybe a big (June 30th, 2000) comeback is what they need to say, "Alright, we can do this." and do it. Or maybe they need to lose some players/coaches/managers. Or maybe they need to be 20 games out in mid-august and have a crazy run once they've been counted out.


Maybe they need to just lock out the media for a day or two and focus. I'm still not panicked, but lately that's more because I know the Phillies and Braves aren't that good/healthy than because I like how the Mets are playing.

No comments:

Update Links New URL! http://optimisticmetsfan.ceetar.com