My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan/
and update your bookmarks.

New URL/Update Links: http://www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan/

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Last True Doubleheader


This very well could be the last true doubleheader ever at Shea Stadium. It's also on Fathers Day, which seems rather fitting.

I was 'at' the game Saturday Night, and I got quite a few interesting pictures. The Field was an absolute wreck by the time they called the game. There were puddles everywhere, including a lake on the warning track in center field. I didn't take any pictures of the inside as I was leaving, but all I could think was “Is it time to go to the Citi yet?” As I waded through stagnant puddles of water and dodging raindrops somehow leaking through the ceiling.

Before the game, during the brief non-rainy period they were holding a Nathan's hot dog eating contest. The winner ate 42 hot dogs, which was rather disturbing, but it was kind of interesting too.

Also, I'm in the process of uploading a video of the Texas Rangers playing Slip N Slide on the trap as the game was being called. I assume the Mets were either already dressing to go home, already on their way home, or not in a jovial mood the way they've been playing. Either way, there were still fans that managed to criticize them for not being out there on the tarp, and it almost seemed like there were callers to WFAN blaming Willie for the rain out. Probably a bit much, but I was disappointed Trot Nixon wasn't in the lineup, and Easley was supposed to be playing left fifeld. I suppose we'll see them all tomorrow.



No comments:

Update Links New URL! http://optimisticmetsfan.ceetar.com